No one stands behind their brand like we do. Durastar offers durable airflow during even the harshest heating and cooling conditions. In addition, our warranty provides maximum coverage for total peace of mind.
Extended warranty options are available for both parts and labor. Talk to your contractor for more information.Learn MoreExplore tax credits and rebates
- HVAC equipment products sold to licensed contractors only. Products sold in select areas only, please contact your local branch for availability in your area.
- Not all Durastar products may be available in all areas currently. See your local Durastar distributor for details.
- Constant torque ECM motor maintains efficiency across a range of operating speeds for increased energy savings
- Direct spark ignition system is one of the most dependable ignition systems on the market
- Aluminized steel constructed heat exchanger provides maximum corrosion resistance and thermal fatigue reliability. It is also removable for improved serviceability
- Low profile 34" cabinet is ideal for space constrained installations
- Hemmed edges on cabinets and doors
- 1/4 turn door knobs for tool less access
- Integrated control board features dip switches for easy system set up
- QR Code for quick access to product information from your smart phone or tablet
- AFUE: 80.00 %
- Application: Residential
- Auto Switching Heat/Cool?: No
- BTU: 50000
- BTU Heat Rating: 40000 Btu/h
- Blower Type: Direct Drive
- CFM: 1301 ft3/min
- Color/Finish Category: Greys
- Color/Finish Name: Iron Ore Grey
- Communicating: Non-Communicating
- Condensing: No
- Configuration: Downflow
- Energy Star Compliant: No
- Fan Speeds: 5
- Flue Size: 3
- Fuel Type: Natural Gas
- Height: 34 in
- Ignition System: Direct Spark Ignition
- Length: 28 in
- Max CFM: 1309 cfm
- MBH: 50
- Phase: Single Phase
- Power Source: Gas
- Refrigerant: R-410A
- Sound Blanket: No
- Specifications - CSA Certified: Yes
- Specifications - ETL Listed: No
- Specifications - UL Listed: No
- Stages: Single
- Tonnage: 3 Ton
- Vent Type: B-Vent
- Vent or Ducted or Ductless: Ducted
- Weight: 85 lb
- Width: 14 in
Frequently Asked questions
Is an air handler or furnace better?
Both Durastar’s furnaces and air handlers offer dependable options for distributing even airflow throughout your home. When selecting between the two, consider your location and climate. For areas with long warm seasons, an air handler will likely be more energy-efficient, however, we recommend discussing your options with a licensed contractor to ensure the best combinations of HVAC products for your home.
What does variable speed mean?
Variable speed air handlers operate at the lowest possible speed to achieve your desired indoor temperature. This results in increased energy efficiency. Variable speed units are also quieter than standard units.
Is a two-stage air handler more efficient than a single-stage air handler?
Yes, when paired with a two-stage outdoor unit, both units will operate on low capacity during milder days, requiring less energy; and switch to full capacity and power when needed.
What is AFUE?
Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE), is a standardized measure of efficiency for how furnaces and boilers convert energy to useable heat.
What is the main difference between a furnace and a heat pump?
Furnaces burn fuel to generate heat whereas a heat pump draws air from outdoors across the condenser coil, either releasing heat to the outdoor air when in cooling mode or absorbing heat from the outdoors, even in the coldest weather in heating mode.
How often should my furnace be serviced?
Durastar recommends your furnace to be serviced at least once a year to ensure it is functioning optimally and providing maximum comfort.
How to talk to your contractor
Learn how to talk the talk with a few of our top tips. We cover important questions to ask your HVAC contractor, common mistakes when buying a new system, and more.Learn More