Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTACs)
Powerful heating and cooling solutions for year-round comfort.
When it comes to heating and cooling a room, Durastar offers a simple and energy-efficient upgrade: PTACs or packaged terminal air conditioners. With wide-ranging compatibility, ductless installation, and personalized control, our PTAC units provide quiet and affordable comfort and humidity management. Whether selecting a unit for your sunroom, apartment, rental unit, or other, discuss key specifications with your contractor to ensure seamless, cost-effective installation and operation.
All of our packaged terminal air conditioners fit a standard wall sleeve and have washable filters and easy-to-operate controls to achieve precise temperature settings. If you are looking for HVAC solutions for individual rooms or small areas, then you may also be interested in learning more about our PTHPs and mini-split units.
Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTACs) Features
- HVAC equipment products sold to licensed contractors only. Products sold in select areas only, please contact your local branch for availability in your area.
- Fits standard wall sleeve
- LCDI power cord included
- Automatic room freeze protection at 32°F in an unoccupied room
- Washable filters
- 5-year limited warranty
- Sleeve and grille sold separately
- AMP: 2.6
- Auto Switching Heat/Cool?: No
- BTU: 7000
- BTU Cooling Rating: 7200 Btu/h
- BTU Heat Rating: 10900 Btu/h
- CFM: 334 ft3/min
- Color/Finish Category: Neutrals
- Color/Finish Name: Beige
- Control Type: Push Button
- Cord Length: 72 in
- Dehumidification (Pts/Hr): 0.6
- Depth: 21 in
- Depth of Trench: 21 in
- EER: 13.1
- Energy Star Compliant: No
- Fan Speeds: 3
- Hazardous Duty: No
- Height: 16 in
- Max CFM: 340 cfm
- MBH: 7
- Nominal Heater Size (kilowatts): 3.5
- Origin: Global
- Phase: Single Phase
- Plug Type: 6-20P
- Power Source: Electric
- Refrigerant: R-410A
- Sleeve Type: Wall
- Specifications - CSA Certified: CSA C22.2 NO. 117
- Specifications - MA Approved: No
- Specifications - UL Listed: Yes
- Tonnage: 0.5 Ton
- Type: DRPTAC07Y41G1A
- Vent Air: 61.1 cfm
- Volts: 208/230V
- WaterSense Labeled: No
- Watts: 550 W
- Weight: 101.6 lb
- Width: 42 in
Frequently Asked questions
Can I use a PTAC in my home?
Yes! PTACs are commonly used in homes as well as commercial spaces, like hotels. They are ideal for individualized, easy to adjust temperature control.
Which is quieter, a PTAC or Mini-Split?
Unlike mini-split units which require an outdoor compressor, PTACs are one complete unit. Therefore, PTACs may generate more noise than mini-splits.
How easy is it to install or replace a PTAC or PTHP?
One of the benefits of PTACs or PTHPs is the ease of installation or replacement, however, we do recommend teaming up with a contractor to ensure the equipment is properly placed.
How to talk to your contractor
Learn how to talk the talk with a few of our top tips. We cover important questions to ask your HVAC contractor, common mistakes when buying a new system, and more.Learn More